Changes in Autodesk Alias and VRED Product Family
Autodesk is constantly evaluating their portfolio, with the goal of simplifying their customer experience and product offerings. When Autodesk discover products are no longer meeting critical parts of our customers’ workflow, it is occasionally necessary to stop selling and discontinue products. With that, Autodesk is discontinuing Autodesk VRED 'standard'.
What is Autodesk VRED ‘standard’?
Autodesk VRED ’standard’ software is one of the product configurations of Autodesk VRED product family for customers who need an efficient workflow for fast generation of imagery and simple animations within the casual use of the industrial design process.
What is changing?
Three things are changing:
- End-of-Sale: Beginning February 7, 2018, Autodesk will no longer sell new or additional subscriptions of VRED ‘standard’.
1. Current VRED ‘standard’ maintenance plan customers can continue to renew their existing VRED ‘standard’ maintenance plans until January 31, 2019.
2. Current VRED ‘standard’ subscribers can continue to renew their existing subscription on an annual term until January 31, 2018.
Multi-year subscription renewals will not be available from February 7, 2018.
- Discontinuation: From February 1, 2019, Autodesk will discontinue VRED ‘standard’ and no longer offer renewals of subscription or maintenance plans for VRED ‘standard’. Autodesk will not deliver any future releases of VRED ‘standard’ and 2018 version of VRED ‘standard’ would be the last version.
- Removal of VRED ‘standard’ from Alias Concept: Alias Concept 2019 will no longer include VRED ‘standard’ due to the discontinuation of VRED ‘standard.
It is important to note that this is the discontinuation of VRED ‘standard’ only, which is a product configuration of VRED product line. Autodesk’s commitment to VRED product family remains strong and we continue to invest heavily to develop and deliver innovation, productivity enhancements and usability improvements for VRED product family.
Why is Autodesk making this change?
Autodesk introduced VRED product family for high-end 3D visualization in industrial design and automotive industry. We learned that the customer needs for high-end 3D visualization have changed to more robust and powerful solution than what VRED ‘standard’ currently offers. We will further focus on innovations and improvements to meet the new needs and requirements for high-end 3D visualization. With this focus, Autodesk made the difficult decision to stop selling and discontinue VRED ‘standard’.
Have any further questions about this announcement? Or want more information on VRED and the alternatives, then don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team by clicking below!