iPart - Adjustable Foot Autodesk Inventor
In today’s blog we are going to explore the iPart feature in Autodesk Inventor 2020 with a short tutorial on how to use this function. Brian our Manufacturing Technical Specialist has put together a short guide on how to create a very simple iPart within Inventor 2020. The aim of the tutorial is to show you how to create a component within Inventor and be able to use multiple of times at different lengths very easily.
- The first step that you need to do is to create a 2D sketch of the adjustable foot that you want to design.
- You will see that Brian is just creating lines while imputing dimensions to constrain the sketch.
- The next step is to use the revolve function to create a 3D model.
- Next you will change the material of the model to give it more definition.
- Then make sure to save – a step I think is commonly forgot!
- To make this an iPart you need to name the dimension or the dimensions that you want customisable.
- Here for example you can give it the name “height”, right click it and make it customisable.
- Again, you will need to save, and the next step is to open a new assembly.
- Then you can go ahead and place three of these adjustable feet into the assembly.
- Once that’s done, go to the model browser on the left and expand each of the legs.
- Finally, if you right click on the table and then you can enter in the value that suits.
Hope you found this quick tutorial beneficial, to register for upcoming free webinars in Inventor please check out our website and for upcoming training based in Procad which is an Autodesk Authorised Training centre in Inventor 2020.