Whats New for 3ds Max 2019.3
The 3ds Max 2019.3 Update focuses on multiple Revit workflow improvements, delivering more accurate data, and providing easier and faster processes to visualize Revit models in 3ds Max.
NEW REVIT SOLUTIONS in 3ds Max 2019.3
Revit Version Compatibility
When you import a Revit 2018 file, the file no longer needs to be upgraded if you have 3ds Max 2018 installed.
*Provided Revit Interoperability for 3ds Max was included during installation.
- This saves time by avoiding unnecessary upgrade.
- Provides an improved importer experience when directly importing Revit files into 3ds Max.
Revit Importer Performance Improvements
We've introduced parallel processing during the Revit import process to improve speed. Internal automation testing which includes over 150 datasets of varying sizes and complexity showed imports to be twice as fast, on average. *Note that results vary depending on the dataset.
- This saves time on importing Revit datasets.
Revit Lights Import Improvements
Various improvements and bug fixes were made for importing lights from Revit into 3ds Max. Imports are accurate in terms of scaling and placement, reducing the need for manual adjustments.
- Light will be imported at the correct scale and rotation, and without an applied black filter.
Revit Import UI Improvements
These usability improvements help users understand the options available and have more confidence during processing.
- More meaningful labels on options and tooltips
- Improved progress indicator provides a more accurate timeline of each stage of the processing.
ADDITIONAL SOLUTIONS in 3ds Max 2019.3
A new viewport mode allows users to take the current ActiveShade Viewport and turn it into a viewport mode with interactive capabilities.
- This allows interaction and rendering while working, extending the workflow more than before.
Improved Alembic compatibility with Maya
Improvements to interop with Maya with Alembic files include:
- Custom attributes from Maya are grouped to support attributes on transforms and shapes.
- Vertex colors sets are imported and exported so that they are compatible with Maya.
OSL Map Updates
Improvements to the OSL Editor and viewport display include:
- Improved Bracket and Syntax Highlighting.
- Better editor docking.
- Viewport now supports node properties and improved bump map support.
- More accurate OSL shader, allowing to make and see changes immediately.
Modeling UX Performance Improvements
Updates to the Editable Poly modifier UI increase the speed at which tools are displayed when switching between sub-object modes.
Security Tools Update
The 3ds Max Security Tools have been extended with a scanner tool which can detect known malicious (ALC and CRP) and potentially malicious code in scene and script files created by any version of 3ds Max, without loading them into 3ds Max's process space.
- Scanner is a low footprint, flexible command line tool easy to integrate in automated workflows or pipelines.
- Available on both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- It can scan in 3ds Max scene and script files and in archives (zip format).
- Scanner ships with patterns for known malicious and potentially malicious code. and it accepts user defined patterns based on the yara pattern definition format.
Autodesk is committed to responding quickly to 3ds Max user feedback. That’s why this release includes over 100 bug fixes, many of which were submitted by the 3ds Max user community.
We hope this blog provided you with the information you were looking for and more but if you wish to discuss this blog further and speak with one of our 3ds-Max Specialists, contact us by clicking below!